Hi, I'm Rocco.
I'm a programmer from 🇮🇹 Italy. I use Rust (and you should too) for most of my projects, but I also have a deep knowledge of Java for my client and server mods.
I generally try to limit proprietary software I use to the minimum. I run Fedora GNU/Linux on all my machines (but I also run other distros on servers), and I use free alternatives whenever possible.
- KIG Network, a Minecraft minigame network (2020-present)
- KigPaper, a Paper 1.8.8 fork fixing bugs and inconsistencies (2020-present)
- Beezig, a 5zig and LabyMod plugin for HiveMC Java (2017-2021)
Tech I work with:
- Minecraft server software (Paper, Velocity)
- Databases (Redis, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Web frameworks: backend (Actix Web, Jetty, Next.js), frontend (React)
- Reverse proxies (NGINX, HAProxy)
- ARM systems (Nintendo Switch, Raspberry Pi)
- Embedded systems (Arduino)
- Free and open-source software
- Systems programming
- Reverse engineering